Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Word of the Year

Although I was at first daunted, I've decided I like the idea of picking a word for the year - SHINE, MOVEMENT, COURAGE.  These are all words, and I'm inspired by the choices.

I've chosen EMBRACE as my word for 2013.



From the online MacMillan Dictionary:


embrace

 - definition 

Related dictionary definitions

  1. 1
    [TRANSITIVE] to completely accept something such as a new beliefideaor way of life
  2. 2
    [INTRANSITIVE/TRANSITIVE] to put your arms around someone in order to show love or friendship

From Merriam-Webster online:



em·brace

 verb \im-ˈbrās\
em·bracedem·brac·ing

Definition of EMBRACE

transitive verb
1
a : to clasp in the arms : hug
b : cherishlove
2
3
a : to take up especially readily or gladly <embrace a cause>
b : to avail oneself of : welcome <embraced the opportunity to study further>
4
a : to take in or include as a part, item, or element of a more inclusive whole 


I mulled over many possibilities on my walk yesterday.  Last year was good, and it was hard.  This year I'll continue to take classes working toward my degree, I'll continue to homeschool my two boys at home, I'll try to be a better wife and create a haven in our home, I'll continue to explore and learn from my ESL students I want to stay mindful of my health and accomplish some fitness goals, and I want to develop spiritually and soak up the community at our church.   And at the end of this summer, our family plans on embarking on a year-long adventure traveling across the U.S.  I want to cherish and accept all these things, to "take up gladly."  I'm ready to EMBRACE it all.

2 comments:

Lyman Grant said...

My sweet embraceable you.

Dreena M. Tischler said...

I finally am back in the technology so I can say I LOVE it. And it so describes you and your approach to life most times but more is MORE! Embrace. Very nice. I will think on a word for myself! (other than "thinner")